New year’s resolutions: Despite having every intention to tick them off each year, they’re notorious for not making it past January.
For some, they’re a prompt to clear household debt, to eat better, to meet someone new or to actually make use of that gym membership. Or for those still bogged down in the depths of 2020, perhaps this year’s resolution was simply to make it to the 1st January 2021 – tick!
But if you’re starting to question whether you should set your aim at something a little higher this year, be sure to give yourself the best shot at achieving your goals by speaking to the right people – before your resolution’s thrown on the back burner.
Especially if kicking some property goals are on your radar for 2021 – if you don’t know where to start, we’ve got a helpful guide with tips for every type of move below!
Buying your first home
Looking to enter the market for the first time? How exciting! Finding a first home to purchase can seem daunting and stressful, but it doesn’t have to be with the right help. Now is a great time to consider taking the plunge with interest rates at an historic low. We can help you with:
- Referring you to reputable lenders, brokers, conveyancers and solicitors, in order for you to:
- Determine your borrowing capacity and budget
- Know how to improve your credit rating and cash flow
- Be aware of building and inspection reports
- Employ the right legal representatives for settlement once you’ve found a home to purchase
- Identifying your eligibility for first-home buyer grants to take advantage of, such as the First Home Owners Grant, Homebuilder Program, First Home Buyer Assistance Scheme and more
- Joining buyer lists to be the first in line for properties selling off-market, as well as those about to hit the market
- Valuable insights into the suburbs that you’re looking to buy in, with our +30 years’ local expertise
- Finding a property on the market that best matches your criteria!
Downsizing or upgrading
As with entering the market for the first time, moving into your next home can be equally challenging – it’s hard to know whether (or when) to sell your existing place, what to look for and what your budget can realistically achieve. We can take the stress out of moving to your next home by helping with:
- Referring you to reputable experts to refinance, looking at bridging loan options, or using the equity in your current home to purchase the next
- If planning to sell, providing a market appraisal for your property, preparing it for the market and achieving the best sale possible through our strong buyer networks and marketing strategies
- Connecting with the right lists to be informed of off-market and pre-market opportunities that best fit your criteria and lifestyle needs
- Moving (yep, we can even help you to organise the actual move!) by delegating removalists and connecting services through our complimentary service, Prudential Assist
Refinancing & renovating
Comfortable with where you are, but want to update your home, improve its value or secure a better loan? We can help you with:
- Determining updates and fixes that will increase your home’s resale value
- Identifying local reputable tradespeople
- Referring you to reputable brokers and lenders to secure the lowest possible rate on your current home loan
For many Australians, purchasing a property to rent out is the best way to get ahead financially and to secure income that grows over time. Whether you’re considering buying a property to lease for the first time, managing an existing investment property or looking for a tenant, we can assist you from start to end with:
- Property management – taking care of your investment through our innovative systems and award-winning property management team, who can:
- Manage your property’s condition and advise of maintenance
- Conduct regular inspections of your property
- Organise for tradespeople and qualified professionals
- Handle tenant enquiries and disputes
- Manage your financial accounts and tenancy agreement
- Leasing – finding a quality tenant as soon as possible if your property experiences a vacancy, through our dedicated around-the-clock leasing team
Whether you’re a first-time or seasoned tenant, it can be tricky to find a suitable rental property, navigate how to beat the competition, and know your rights after signing the dotted line. We help tenants everyday with:
- Discerning your rights and responsibilities under the residential tenancy agreement
- Compiling a rental record and documentation required to apply for a rental
- Being informed of new rental listings to hit the market that match your criteria
- Applying for a rental through our quick and easy online system
Making your new year’s property goals a reality begins with having a strong plan, speaking to qualified professionals for real-time support and doing your research – but you don’t have to go about it alone!
Whatever your property goals are, make the best move possible in 2021 by getting in contact with your local Prudential Real Estate office below.
Prudential Real Estate Campbelltown | (02) 4628 0033 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Prudential Real Estate Liverpool | (02) 9822 5999 | email@example.com
Prudential Real Estate Macquarie Fields | (02) 9605 5333 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Prudential Real Estate Narellan | (02) 4624 4400 | email@example.com