Minto, located 46 km south-west of Sydney CBD, is part of the local area of the city of Campbelltown and is in the Macarthur region. Initially titled Campbellfield it was renamed Minto in 1874, with development to follow in the 1950s.
A big parcel of land on the suburb’s east side became a site for government low-cost housing and its transformation from a village to a suburb was completed following the establishment of a major industrial estate in the area.
The suburb is transforming with new streets and new houses, as well as a new housing estate called One Mint that comprises private and social housing. The newly refurbished and re-branded Minto Marketplace (formerly Minto Mall) offers major retailers along with a variety of dining options.
Minto is well connected by buses and trains and offers five primary schools. It is a great place to live for those who are looking for more affordable properties that are still close enough to major suburbs.
Population quick facts
- Total Population: 12,551
- Number of families: 3,277
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Older couples and families, established couples and families, independent youth
- Median rent: $325 per week
- Median property price: $660,000
- Top dwelling structures: Separate house, semi-detached or townhouse
- Average bedrooms per property: 3.2
Places of interest
- Minto Marketplace
- Pembroke Park
- One Minto
*Data based on the Census 2016.