Hinchinbrook, located 39 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the local government area of the city of Liverpool.
Hinchinbrook was established only in 1986, making it a relatively new residential suburb. Major development occurred in the 1980s and continued onto the 1990s. Its name was derived from Hinchinbrook Creek which runs through the suburb.
The suburb’s main attraction to both investors and homebuyers-owners is its affordable new family homes. With the rise in population, new housing developments followed.
Young families will find this suburb ideal as it is home to a number of good schools: Hoxton Park High School, Hinchinbrook Public School, Good Samaritan Catholic College and James Busby High School. There are also several good child care centres to choose from: Club Kindy Long Day Care Centre, Angel’s Paradise Pre-school and Long Day Care Centre, and more.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 11,222
- Number of families: 2,966
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Established couples and families, older couples and families, and maturing couples and families
- Median rent: $500 per week
- Median property price: $750,000
- Top dwelling structures: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 3.7
Places of interest and local attractions
- Aubrey Keech Reserve
- Hoxton Park Reserve
- Woodside Park
- Hinchinbrook Public School
*Data based on the Census 2016.