Heckenberg, located 36 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the local government area of the City of Liverpool. The area was named after a family who settled there before 1840.
Today, Heckenberg is a peaceful, community-oriented suburb that will appeal to families with children. One of its community service programs is Heckenberg Connections, which has been in operation since 2013. It offers a wide range of services, including a small library, distribution of food, information and referral services, free wifi and use of laptops, and more.
Heckenberg also has a community centre, located on the corner of Whitlam Park next to Heckenberg Child Care Centre.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 3,094
- Number of families: 751
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Established couples and families, older couples and families, and independent youth
- Median rent: $410 per week
- Median property price: $636,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 3.3
Places of interest and nearby attractions
- Whitlam Park
- Mannix Park
- Heckenberg Public School
*Data based on the Census 2016.