Harrington Park, located 60 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is under the jurisdiction of the Camden Council and is in the Macarthur region. Formerly a large estate owned by the prominent Fairfax family, it is now an established residential area. Early settlement in the area can be traced back to the early 1800s, with land utilised primarily for farming and grazing.
Harrington Park is one of the fastest growing suburbs in the Macarthur region. It is a wealthy location where properties are spacious and the residents are more affluent than most. Within Harrington Park is a premium master planned residential community called Harrington Grove. Some of the facilities that locals have access to are the Harrington Park Country Club, Harringtons Bar and Grill, gym, community rooms, swimming pools and tennis courts.
Harrington Park evokes a country vibe while still located relatively close to the city and modern conveniences. The suburb offers a combination of nature and urban living that is irresistible to families with children, retirees and country lovers. It is centrally located to good schools, shopping, leisure and other amenities.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 10,663
- Number of families: 2,885
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Established couples and families, maturing couples and families, and older couples and families
- Median rent: $570 per week
- Median property price: $905,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 4.1
Places of interest
- Harrington Park Public School
- Harrington Plaza
*Data based on the Census 2016.