Glenfield, located 40 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the local government area of the city of Campbelltown and is in the Macarthur region. In 1881 a village was established, with major development occurring from the 1950s.
Glenfield is a quiet and clean place to live, making it an ideal base for families with kids, retirees and professionals. Many young families live here because of the availability of schools and child care facilities, convenient public transport and affordable prices. Aside from the variety of local shops, big shopping centres are a short drive away at Casula and Macquarie Fields.
Population quick facts
- Total Population: 9,633
- Number of Families: 2,513
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Older couples and families, established couples and families, and independent youth
- Median rent: $495 per week
- Median property price: $750,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 3.2
Places of interest and local attractions
- Glenfield Park
- Seddon Park
- Hurlstone Agricultural High School
*Data based on the Census 2016.