Currans Hill, located 60 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the local government of Camden and is in the Macarthur region.
This residential suburb, primarily comprising free-standing homes, was first settled by Europeans through land grants in the 1800s. Currans Hill transformed from farmland to a residential area in the 1990s after it was subdivided into medium-sized lots.
The neighbourhood is a leafy suburb that has a recreational park and several huge reserves linked with cycleways and walking paths. It offers good schools, easy access to amenities, a local supermarket, and plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 5,309
- Number of families: 1,444
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Maturing couples and families, established couples and families, and older couples and families
- Median rent: $450 per week
- Median property price: $650,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 3.5
Places of interest
- Currans Hill Public School
- Mount Annan Christian College
*Data based on the Census 2016.