Casula is situated 35 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, and is part of the local government area of the city of Liverpool.
The area became suburbanized in the late 1950s, with large portions of land in the central and southern sections subdivided and redeveloped over the following decades. Casula is a great suburb for families and young couples. There are plenty of newly built houses, as well as numerous childcare facilities, parks, shops, schools and medical centres.
The suburb is home to Casula Public School and Casula High School, as well as Casula Mall and Crossroads Homemaker Centre. There is also Casula Central along Hume Highway offering a wide variety of goods and service stores. The suburb is well connected by public transport and has easy access to the M5 Motorway.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 15,662
- Number of families: 4,017
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Established couples and families, older couples and families, and maturing couples and families
- Median rent: $500 per week
- Median property price: $800,000
- Top dwelling structure: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 3.4
*Data based on the Census 2016.