Blair Athol, located 57 km south-west of the Sydney CBD, is part of the local government area of the city of Campbelltown and is in the Macarthur region.
Settlement in the area started in the early 19th century, consisting mainly of farmlands and orchards. An engineering company acquired the land in 1945, with plans to construct a factory in the area, and the whole area was rezoned as industrial with the aim to attract more industries. In 1992, the land was rezoned back to residential and the present suburb was established.
The friendly neighbourhood and community atmosphere makes Blair Athol a great place to raise a family. It is an area highly recommended for families with kids and retirees. It can even be a fantastic place to live for singles and professionals who love the country vibe. It offers easy access to the freeway, and is close to shopping centres and commercial centres, being centrally located in the Campbelltown district. The suburb has also convenient access to schools in the surrounding suburbs.
Population quick facts
- Total population: 2,877
- Number of families: 771
- Top age groups and lifestyles: Established couples and families, older couples and families, and maturing couples and families
- Median rent: $483 per week
- Median property price: $691,500
- Top dwelling structures: Separate house
- Average bedrooms per property: 3.9
Places of interest and local attractions
- Blair Athol Homestead
- Pied Piper Kindergarten Blair Athol
*Data based on the Census 2016.