Our Letting Policy
YOUR APPLICATION FOR TENANCY
1. PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE is a member of Tenancy Reference Australia (TRA) and Tenancy Information Centre Australia Pty Ltd (TICA) hereafter referred to as “Tenancy Databases”. All applications for tenancy submitted to our offices are processed through these Tenancy Databases. Any information provided by you on your application may be passed on to the Tenancy Databases in the event of a default occurring. By submitting your application you acknowledge that if you are registered with the Tenancy Databases as a defaulter then PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE has the authority to reject this application. Further you acknowledge that if you breach your obligations under any future Tenancy Agreement through PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE you may be listed on the Tenancy Databases by this agency until such problem is resolved.
2. By completing an tenancy application you are authorising PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE to conduct an enquiry with either or both of the above named agencies and to make any other search or enquiry deemed necessary to validate any of the information provided by you in your application. The result of any search will then be used to assess this application.
3. To complete your application you are requested to answer all questions to the best of your ability. Should false information be provided it is likely your application will be rejected.
4. The completion and submission of your tenancy application does not constitute an offer or acceptance of your application.
5. No application will be considered unless the intending tenant has completed an inspection of the proposed property with a member of the staff of PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE.
6. We require sufficient supporting documents (see minimum of 100 points of identification) as an accompaniment to this application. The full list of such documents is located on page 2 of your application.
7. Upon approval of your application, a holding deposit equivalent to one (1) weeks rent will be required. Payment must be made by EFTPOS, Credit Card, bank cheque or money order (personal or company cheques are not acceptable) within two (2) days to secure the property in your favour. The property will not be taken off our rental list until a holding deposit is paid. The balance of monies (see below “How Much Money Will I Need”) is to be paid by the same method upon signing the Residential Tenancy Agreement.
8. PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE reserves the right to accept more than one application on any one property. No property will be removed from our list of available properties unless a holding deposit equivalent to one week’s rent has been paid in accordance with the conditions set out on our HOLDING DEPOSIT FORM.
9. Upon approval of your application a copy of this completed application form will be provided to the landlord for his / her records.
If you are selected as the successful applicant for this property it is important to note the following issues concerning your appointment to sign your residential tenancy agreement.
1. As a result of continued security concerns PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE does not accept cash. All monies noted on page 2 of this application are to be paid by way of EFTPOS, Credit Card, bank cheque or money order.
2. Your appointment will be booked into a busy schedule. If you are late for your appointment you may have to wait until a break occurs in our schedule. If you cannot attend at the appointed time please call our office at least 24 hours prior to the appointment so that we can provide an alternative date and time.
3. All parties that are to sign the Residential Tenancy Agreement must attend at the appointed time. No keys will be issued unless all parties have executed the agreement all rent/bond monies paid.
4. Once direct debit arrangements have been put in place for the payment of your rent it cannot be altered without our express approval. Your rent will be deducted from your nominated account on Thursday each week. If your account has insufficient funds to meet the rent payment your account will be debited with a dishonour fee by your bank or credit union – this fee is most commonly an amount of up to $60.00. In addition, a fee of up to $25.00 may be levied by this office to cover our costs involved in correcting your ledger.
5. Please be aware that if your rent is to be debited through a bank or credit union your first rent payment will be paid automatically through this system from the date nominated on the authority signed by you.
6. It is imperative that you provide your bank passbook or an original bank statement relating to the account from which rent will be debited each week when you attend at the above appointment to sign the Residential Tenancy Agreement.
HOW MUCH MONEY WILL I NEED?
At the time you sign your Residential Tenancy Agreement you will need the following money amounts. These can be paid by EFTPOS, Credit Card, Bank Cheque or Money Order. We do not accept cash in any circumstance;
1. Four (4) weeks rent as a bond
2. Two (2) weeks rent in advance
1. This office is aware at all times of its obligation to follow the law. This includes the law about discrimination.
2. We will treat all property owners and applicants fairly. This means that we will not discriminate against you because of your race, ethno-religion, sex, marital status, disability, homosexuality, age or transgender. We will not discriminate against you because of the race, ethno-religion, sex, marital status, disability, homosexuality, age or transgender of any one of your relatives, friends or colleagues.
3. We will not take instructions from property owners who want us to break anti-discrimination laws.
4. We may refuse to take an application from you:
a. Either, if the property is physically not able to accommodate as many people as you want to occupy it : or,
b. if the property cannot be made to suit your particular needs (for example, if you need wheelchair access and the property is up two flights of steep steps).
c. We recognise that people with disabilities have the same right to rent property as people who do not have disabilities. We will do our best to negotiate any adaptations or changes that a person with a disability needs in order to live in or use a particular property. However, we recognise that the owner does not have to adapt or change the property if doing so will cause them unjustifiable hardship.
5. In all other cases, when we decide who can rent a property, we will only look at how well you can pay the rent and look after the property. We will ask you for references about both of these things and we will check these references.
6. We (being the agent and the property owner) will only refuse your application if your references were not acceptable, or if they were less acceptable than the references of the successful applicant. This means that if we are of the opinion, based on our references that:
a. either, you are unable to pay the rent and/or look after the property ; or,
b. you are less able than the successful applicant to pay the rent and/or look after the property.
If you are unhappy with anything to do with the way we let property in this office, please ask to speak to the property manager. Your opinion matters to us.
Personal information provided by a prospective tenant on a tenancy application or which might be collected from other sources, is necessary for employees of PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE to verify the applicant’s identity, to process and evaluate the application and to manage the tenancy.
Personal information collected about a prospective tenant on a tenancy application and during the course of a tenancy (if the application is successful) may be disclosed for the purpose for which it is collected to other parties including the landlord, referees, other agents and third party operators of tenancy databases. Information already held on tenancy databases may also be disclosed to employees of PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE and/or the landlord. If the applicant enters into a Residential Tenancy Agreement and if the applicant fails to comply with their obligations under that agreement that fact and other relevant personal information collected about the applicant during the course of the tenancy may also be disclosed to the landlord, third party operators of tenancy databases and / or other real estate agents.
If an applicant would like to access the personal information we hold they can do so by contacting PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE at any one of their office locations details of which can be found at here. The applicant can also correct this information if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. If the information requested in a tenancy application is not provided the employees of PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE may not be able to process the application and manage the tenancy.
Prospective tenants who apply to rent a residential property from PRUDENTIAL REAL ESTATE acknowledge the following;
1. Applicants solemnly declare that the information provided on their application is true and accurate in every regard.
2. Applicants understand that should they be accepted as the tenant for the property that they will be required to pay the equivalent of 6 weeks rent (representing 4 weeks rent as a residential bond and 2 weeks rent in advance) and that these amounts will be paid before or at the time the Residential Tenancy Agreement is executed by way of EFTPOS, Credit Card, bank cheque or money order only.
3. Applicants affirm that they have read and understood all of the information provided in their application as well as the information provided in this letting policy.
4. Applicants understand that Prudential Real Estate accepts rent payments only via direct debit from their nominated bank account. When signing the Residential Tenancy Agreement the applicant will be expected to execute a form of direct debit on their nominated bank and account for an amount not less than the weekly rent for the subject property. Direct debits of rent occur every Thursday during the tenancy
5. Applicants agree that their current / previous agent can provide any and all information pertaining to their current / previous tenancy including but not limited to rent ledgers and condition reports.